Turn a 360 video into an immersive experience
Google Cardboard lets you experience virtual reality in a simple and fun way. With Cardboard and a VR mobile app, such as Vrideo, Little Star and YouTube, you can watch 360 degree videos in VR for an immersive experience.
- Get Google Cardboard and assemble it
- Open the YouTube app (or Vrideo or Little Star) on your smartphone
- Use the above links or search for "Project Empathy" "The Letter" or "Left Behind"
- Plug in your headphones and start playback
- Tap the cardboard icon. You'll notice that the screen splits into two smaller screens
- Insert your phone into Cardboard
- Look around to view the video in 360 degrees
Note: To use Cardboard with iOS devices, you'll need to have iOS 9.